Peak Ranch Alpaca is a wonderful local attraction. This is a great place to visit for an up-close and personal experience with alpacas, they are so beautiful and gentle. Family run, the owners give friendly tours and offer photo taking opportunities with the Alpacas. They have monthly activities like Ice Cream Day, Shearing Day, and even Wine Tasting. The boutique is very unique, it has some beautiful sweaters. A wonderful way to spend the afternoon.
From their website:
The Beshear family has been enjoying raising alpacas and processing their exquisite fleece since 2003. Although the alpaca is super sweet and friendly, they are growing in popularity as their fleece is superior to other natural fiber and smart wools.
Advantages of wearing alpaca apparel & outerwear:
- Wicking ability – It’s dries very fast to keep you warm and dry
- Lightweight – It’s five times warmer than wool so you can wear less bulk
- Super Fine Alpaca (Adult) – Does not pill and is super durable
- Baby Alpaca – The finest in the alpaca grading is perfect for direct skin contact with little to no irritation.
- Wearing alpaca socks saves your feet from blisters
- Maintains its natural luster
We began the alpaca Boutique in 2007 and have enjoyed the positive comments from our customers on the comfort and quality of our alpaca products. The Super fine alpaca we reserve for coats, hats and socks as the added durability is needed. The baby alpaca suits the more delicate wear items such as baby apparel, scarves or anything that will be in direct contact with your skin.
In May of 2016 Peak Ranch’s Alpaca Boutique moved:
The Village Merchants
155 N. Jefferson Street
Monument, CO 80132
(719) 375-5438 Boutique
(719) 232-8509 Rene’s Cell
Hours Mon-Fri 10-6 & Sat 9-5